Project: SCGP.eMRP



     After I quit from AIS outsourcing staff, I come back to work with my origin company. I start working with SCGP Material Resource Planning project. I have responsible to program Windows Service to wake up every specific times which  configurable inside app settings. It will read Excel files with contains MRP data and also replicate MRP data from external data source into internal database. The incoming MRP data is quite large, which the problem is how to optimize the SQL query to handle this large amount of data. I solves the problem by using SQL Bulk Copy and also use SQL Sever's store procedure to execute the complex queries and calculations. I also implement the web page to make on-demand executing Windows Service. The problem is the Windows Service execution time is quite long because it needs to do complex calculation and handle huge amount of MRP data, how to make the web page knowing the current status of the Windows Service process. We solve the problem by using SignalR (Web Socket) of ASP.NET to keep listen the current status of Windows Service task.

Comments